Java Backend Engineer
RemoteIstanbul, İstanbul, TürkiyeEngineering
Present in MENA countries, OTO is a multi-language, All-in-one Shipping Management Software that helps Ecommerce Stores and Omnichannel brands to ship their e-commerce orders seamlessly with 180+ shipping companies locally and internationally. Our customers are looking for the best way to deal with shipping and OTO provides the easiest one. We are on the journey of building MENA's next global startup, but solving a global problem, which is shipping! How? Automation is one of our keywords (or OTOmation as we like to write it). Innovation and Automation together make shipping accessible to everyone.
OTO is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. We’re building a culture where amazing people (like you) can do their best work at OTO. We have a no door policy, which means we encourage openness, honesty and respect for other points of view. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment and they take care of each other, but mostly we all love Pizza - you will know why later ;)
Looking for a company where you can be part of a quick learning team, shaping the future of global e-commerce? Welcome on board!
We are looking for a Senior Back-End Java Engineer to join our company. You will be responsible for the server-side of our products.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a Backend Java Developer, you’ll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop OTO’s software solutions by studying information needs, system flows, data usage, work processes and investigating problematic areas in the software development lifecycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear codes
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications
- Protect overall operations by keeping OTO’s information confidential
- Accomplish engineering and structuring mission by completing related results as required
- Support and develop junior engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Analyze the intended usage of the OTO’s software and propose relevant solutions
- Perform basic testing measures to ensure that OTO’s software design maintains a healthy infrastructure on an ongoing basis
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean and efficient codes
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scriptings
- Review and debug codes on an ongoing basis, and perform validation and verification testings
- Collaborate with OTO’s internal departments and vendors to fix and improve OTO’s products
- Document development phases and monitor OTO’s system
- Ensure OTO’s software is up-to-date with the latest technologies and solutions
- Communicate with team members and clients internally and externally to ensure maximum understanding of OTO’s solutions
For this role, it is essential that you:
- Proven experience as a Senior Backend Engineer.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment).
- Hands-on experience with programming languages like Java.
- Hands-on experience with APIs. Rest, SOAAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of CMS framework.
- Working knowledge of data streams and microservices.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
It will be considered a big plus if you:
- Have international experience.
- Have previously worked in fast-growing SaaS start-ups.
In OTO, we have adapted the Remote Working culture, where we work from home, favourite coffee shop, on the beach, or at an art museum! You can work from anywhere you like. We are result-driven, and you will be surrounded by aggressive achievers. Keep in mind, that we are not able to provide a Sponsorship Visa for this role; Therefore, It is essential that you apply for this position only if you have legal authorization to work in the country in which you are applying.
- No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
- Work alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at OTO, but one thing never changes: your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
- Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing.
- Stock options: we believe that everyone should feel like building his own company! That's why we offer stock options for all employees working at OTO.
Does this sound like you? then send your application to us today!