Java Backend Engineer
RemoteCairo, Al Qāhirah, EgyptEngineering
Hello from OTO, your passport to seamless shipping in the dynamic MENA landscape! As a multi-language, All-in-one Shipping Management Software, we're the navigational tool empowering e-commerce Stores and Omnichannel brands to dispatch their orders effortlessly through a vast network of 200+ shipping companies, both locally and globally.
We are now calling on all Java Backend Engineer Heroes! OTO is currently on the hunt for a seasoned Java Backend Engineer to join our team! Bring your A-game, expertise, and enthusiasm & join us in driving OTO's growth into the MENA Market! Join us and let's conquer new horizons together!
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop OTO’s software solutions by studying information needs, system flows, data usage, work processes and investigating problematic areas in the software development lifecycle;
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions;
- Document and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear codes;
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming;
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures;
- Update job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, and by participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications;
- Protect overall operations by keeping OTO’s information confidential;
- Accomplish engineering and structuring mission by completing related results as required;
- Support and develop junior engineers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities;
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle;
- Analyze the intended usage of the OTO’s software and propose relevant solutions;
- Perform basic testing measures to ensure that OTO’s software design maintains a healthy infrastructure on an ongoing basis;
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean and efficient codes;
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scriptings;
- Review and debug codes on an ongoing basis, and perform validation and verification testings;
- Collaborate with OTO’s internal departments and vendors to fix and improve OTO’s products;
- Document development phases and monitor OTO’s system;
- Ensure OTO’s software is up-to-date with the latest technologies and solutions;
- Communicate with team members and clients internally and externally to ensure maximum understanding of OTO’s solutions.
For this role, it is essential that have:
- At least 4 years proven experience as a Java Engineer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Hands-on experience with programming languages like Java
- Hands-on experience with APIs. Rest, SOAAP, etc
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Working knowledge of data streams and microservices
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- International experience
- Previous work in fast-growing SaaS start-ups
At OTO, we've adopted a Remote Working culture that breaks free from the traditional office constraints. Work from home, your favorite coffee shop, a sunny beach, or even an art museum – the choice is yours. We're all about results, and you'll be surrounded by a team of aggressive achievers. Embrace the freedom to work from anywhere without the unnecessary fluff. Welcome to a workplace where flexibility meets real impact.
- No Clocking in and out: Forget about the clocking in/out routine. At OTO, we trust you to manage your time effectively & efficiently – no micromanaging here. Our work hours span from 9 am to 6 pm, yet without the added constraints of conventional time tracking.
- ESOPs: With your Employee Stock Options, you're not just part of the team; you're a co-owner steering us toward success. Your hustle today builds equity for us all.
- Health Insurance: Our medical coverage is your safety net. No need to stress about unexpected bumps – we've got your back with our Health Insurance coverage/fund depending on your location.
- Mental Health Break: In the grind, take a breather. Our mental health break is your time to recalibrate. Come back sharper, because we all need a mental tune-up.
- Education Fund: This fund is your ticket to staying ahead. Feed that brain and let's level up together.
- Laptop Fund: The one-time laptop fund ensures you're armed for efficiency, innovation, and collaboration.
- Home Office Fund: This one-time home office fund is your ticket to creating a workspace that works for you.
- Happiness Grant: Recognizing that a content team is a productive team, the happiness grant is a professional nod to fostering personal joy. Consider it a token to pursue activities that contribute to your well-being because a fulfilled you is an asset to us all.
- Unlimited Days Off: Our unlimited days off policy is not just a perk; it's a reflection of our commitment to fostering a supportive and results-driven work environment. W value outcomes over hours, trusting our team to prioritize their responsibilities and take as much time as they need to return to work recharged and ready to contribute their best
- Umrah & Hajj: Beyond the grindstone, we've got your spiritual back. Umrah & Hajj support is our way of saying, "Your inner peace is a priority."
- 100% Technical Software: To keep you sharp in the tech game, we cover 100% of technical software expenses.
- Growth Playground: Growth isn't just a catchphrase; it's the air we breathe at OTO. We believe in constant learning for both personal and company-wide evolution. You will always be positively challenged & pushed to grow to your utmost potential.
- Supportive Team: We are growing fast and no two days look the same at OTO, but one thing never changes; your colleagues always have your back and you can always bounce ideas off of them.