UX Designer & Researcher
RemoteJordan, Al ‘A̅şimah, AmmanEngineering
Present in MENA countries, OTO is a multi-language, All-in-one Shipping Management Software that helps Ecommerce Stores and Omnichannel brands to ship their e-commerce orders seamlessly with 100+ shipping companies locally and internationally. Our customers are looking for the best way to deal with shipping and OTO provides the easiest one. We are in the journey of building MENA's next global startup, but solving a global problem, which is shipping! How? Automation is one of our keywords (or OTOmation as we like to write it). Innovation and Automation together make shipping accessible to everyone.
OTO is always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. We’re building a culture where amazing people (like you) can do their best work at OTO. We have a no-door policy, which means we encourage openness, honesty, and respect for other points of view. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment and they take care of each other, but mostly we all love Pizza - you will know why later ;)
Looking for a company where you can be part of a quick learning team, shaping the future of global e-commerce? Welcome on board!
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer & Researcher to join our team. You will be responsible for helping define and drive the future of our products. You will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting research, working with cross-functional teams, and performing usability studies. These responsibilities also include inspiring change, delivering oral and written presentations, evaluating qualitative and quantitative data, and helping the frontend team better understand what would make a user’s experience more intuitive, accessible, and seamless.
You will be responsible for
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Perform market and ethnographic research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Perform usability studies with consumers.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyze data.
- Use a diverse set of UX research tools.
For this role, it is essential that you have:
- Proven work experience as a UX Designer & Researcher.
- Ability to work in Arabic and English languages.
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Ability to quickly and effectively share research results
- Ability to perform all research-related tasks including research, planning, evaluating, and iteration
- Ability to formulate specific, answerable, and practical questions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions.
- Experience with remote testing tools
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Excellent time-management skills.
It will be considered a big plus if you:
Have international experience.
Have previously worked in fast-growing SaaS start-ups.
In OTO, we have adapted the Remote Working culture, where we work from home, favourite coffee shop, on the beach, or at an art museum! You can work from anywhere you like. We are result-driven, and you will be surrounded by aggressive achievers. Keep in mind, that we are not able to provide a Sponsorship Visa for this role; Therefore, It is essential that you apply for this position only if you have legal authorization to work in the country in which you are applying.
No clocking in/out. We don’t believe in micromanaging and our working relationships are based on mutual trust, that’s why we don’t require our team to clock in and out of work. Of course, this trust relationship works both ways!
Work alongside an ambitious and supportive team. We are growing fast and no two days look the same at OTO, but one thing never changes: your colleagues are always there to support you and to bounce off ideas!
Growth and learning opportunities. We believe that in order to grow as a company, our team also needs to continue learning and developing.
Stock options: we believe that everyone should feel like building his own company! That's why we offer stock options for all employees working at OTO.